this post is based on upsc syllabus, new syllabus introduced by upsc. we will discuss UPSC syllabus and scheme of the UPSC examination in this post .
upsc syllabus for preliminary examination
the examination shall comprise two compulsory papers of 200 marks each, both the question papers will be objective type, in other words multiple choice questions, each paper will be of two hours duration, for blind students the extended time will be twenty minutes at each paper. question paper will be set in both english and hindi. Total Number of Questions asked in Paper I will be 100 and in Paper II will be 80.
paper 1 – General Studies – 200 marks
paper 2 – Aptitude Test (csat)- 200 marks
- Current events of national & international importance.
- History of India & Indian National Movement.
- Indian & World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India & the World.
- Indian Polity & Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic & Social Development, Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity & Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization
- general science
paper 2 (civil services aptitude test-cast)
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning & analytical ability
- Decision-making & problem-solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers & their relations, orders of magnitude, etc. (Class X level)
- Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. (Class X level)
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level)